The HOOD Multi-Purpose Spinnaker is the original cruising spinnaker and has proven itself for over 30 years in all corners of the world
For sailing down wind, especially in light air but also in breeze up to about 20 knots true, the HOOD MP-S puts the fun back into off-wind sailing. Gone is the unpleasantness of motoring alone rolling back and forth and trying to avoid the engine exhaust fumes.
- In light air it can sail as close as 60 degrees to the wind
- In a good breeze it makes off-wind sailing fun, simple and rewarding
- The HOOD MP-S is easily rigged to set off the bow. It deploys, and can be recovered, using a spinnaker sleeve.
- It does not need a spinnaker pole and requires only a pair of spinnaker sheets and tack line.
- It is designed to be easily trimmed and to be stable so it is easy to use when under autopilot.
- Because it is made of light material it can stow in a small space relative
- Nylon is less expensive than other sail making materials so the MP-S is a lot of sail for relatively not much money on a per square foot basis.
- To set the MP-S, lead the tack line and the sheets then hoist the sail in the sleeve. When all is ready pull the sleeve up and trim the sail. To lower the MP-S merely let the sheet ease until the sail starts to luff and pull the sleeve down. If necessary the sleeve can be tied off to the deck while the crew member does something else. The sleeve can then be lowered at your convenience.
- The MP-S is made of nylon spinnaker cloth in three different weights depending on the size of boat. The Tri-Star all radial design orients the fibers of the material parallel to the axis of the loads in the sail.
Call 401-849-9400 or CLICK HERE to request a quote today